Monday, January 5, 2009

Ice, Ice Baby!

Hello everyone! Welcome to January 2009! We had temps in the high 60's on Saturday and this morning, we started getting freezing rain. It's still raining now. And could continue into tomorrow. How crazy is that?! But we usually get some ice or snow in January and or February. We are used to it. If you like wacky weather, we are the right state to be in!

I hope everyone has had a good holiday season. I can't believe it's already January! And that it's 2009! We had a wonderful holiday and hope you all did, too.

Today, Sue and I went to Diane and Lamar's for lunch. We stopped and got some chicken from the Colonel and Diane made ham and bean soup and cornbread. We had a good lunch and then played games for a while. We had to leave early because the ice started getting worse and I wanted to be home before dark.. just in case it got a little too slick. They are actually upgrading our weather warning to an ice storm warning unstead of a winter weather advisory. I just hope the electricity doesn't go off. It will be cold but also, Edith's tank will get too cold and that scares me for her. So, I pray that the electricity doesn't go off.

I have the heat on 75 degrees to warm it up in here. The furkids are all piled up keeping warm. Hopefully, this will get out of here tomorrow and I can go get groceries and do whatever I want to do.

I guess I'll go for now. I hope everyone is doing well and will visit blogs soon. Have a good week. Hugs to all, Cecil

4 comments:

Sam said...

I hope you all kept your electricity! I'm so jealous of you that you can turn your thermostat up to 75. My husband freaks out if ours goes above 68. So annoying! :-)

Happy New Year, Cecil!

Sammy

Cecil said...

Okay, Sis. I got everything switched over. Hope you like your new blog look. :o)

Love ya like a hog loves slop! ;o)

Joe

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Oops! Did it again! I forgot I was still signed in to your account. ;o)

Jess said...

Hope you had a good day with Brian
Love, Jess