Friday, December 5, 2008

Turtleneck Time!!!

Hey everyone! I'm sure you can guess by my title that it is getting pretty cold now. The high temp yesterday was 39 but the wind chill made it seem a lot colder. I wore a turtleneck with a sweater over it and didn't get a bit too warm. Sue and I went to get burgers and took them to Diane and Lamar's and spent the afternoon. We had our lunch and then played games. I came home and got out a Boston Market meal (salisbury steak with mac and cheese) and some corn and that was dinner. I watched tv for a while and then worked on some of my Christmas cards. I have a few that I mail out every year so I got them ready. Then I read for a bit. I love the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books and when we went to the mall on Monday, I got the one for Christmas. So far, I have really enjoyed it.

Today, I went to lunch with Diane, Jessica, Jason and Munchkin. We went to Chili's. I like most of their food... the thing I get most often is country fried steak with smashed potatoes, and corn on the cob. Munch and I had cheesecake for dessert... she likes her some cheesecake! Everytime I went to get a bite, she'd be saying "bite bite.... bite bite!!!" She is so precious!!!! Then, I went to Books-a-Million and got a few gifts... I got Munch some stocking-stuffers... books.. she likes books. All of us do.....

I came home and worked on the house a bit and then lit all my candles... it is so nice to sit in your house and it is so cozy to have candles lit and then turn the lights on the tree when it gets dark.... I may have to have some hot chocolate or hot spiced cider or apple cinnamon tea later!

I still have some Christmas cards to do so I'll probably work on them later... I also have a lot of wrapping to do... got to get started on that again.... I have several stocking-stuffers that need to be wrapped, too. I will do a stocking for Hubby, Munchkin and then Jessica and Jason. I think Hubby and I started doing stockings a few years after we got married. I like trying to find little goodies that I think everyone will like. It's a lot of fun.

I'd like to share a bit of good news for Jessica and Jason.. if you read her blog, you know that they are having computer trouble, so, I don't think she'd mind me telling y'all that Jason has a job... at UPS... it may be temporary but at least he is working for now, Praise the Lord!! He went for his orientation today. Please keep praying for them... they still need your prayers. It seems like one thing after another for them. But I told them to keep praying and God will provide. So, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Well, I guess I'll go for now. I hope you are all well and that you have a good weekend. I'll be checking back in soon. Hugs to all..... Cecil

1 comment:

Jess said...

Love you!! ANd thanks for posting an update..don't mind a bit.

Hope you have had a great vacation.