Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Rainy Tuesday.....

Hello everyone. It started raining at 11:00 pm last night and I think that it only stopped for a bit around 3 this afternoon. And it was very heavy at times. I spent a bit of time this morning cleaning house, changing my bed and just doing the things the house usually needs. I decided to stay home and just finish up some things and wait on Hubby to come in this evening. We are supposed to go out to dinner.

I stopped cleaning about 11:00 and made a Black Forest ham sandwich with cheese, and had some cottage cheese and a Coke. Then, as I expected, I thought of a few more Christmas cards I needed to do. I got those done and then was ready to sit down for a bit. I got on the couch and had the Food Network on and snuggled under a Christmas throw and dozed off and then a 20 pound cat landed in the middle of me! Our Zaboomafoo is a bit large and likes to snuggle! I dozed for a little bit and then got up. I got a Chunky candy bar and ate a little of it for a snack and got myself awake.

I then decided that I needed to get the rest of the gifts wrapped. So, I wrapped and wrapped and wrapped! But they are all done! I'll have some more to wrap soon because I still want to get my Hubby more things and I'm sure I'll be picking up more Munchkin goodies! I am glad I've finished everything though for now.

As I've mentioned, I have to go back to work tomorrow so I may not be on for a few days. I have my first party on Friday night so after work, It's our church class party. I'll be headed to that. We always have a good time at it. I'll have to go get some goodies for it. We just take finger foods, potluck, whatever. So, it's pretty easy to take care of it. We will also have our Christmas program Sunday pm and then have sandwiches, chips and dips, and other goodies. Then, on Monday night, we'll be having our WMU (ladies) meeting at church and we'll each take gifts for our secret sisters and reveal who they are and find out who ours is also. We also take potluck for that and always have good food! It is fun to get together with everyone!

So, this weekend will be busy. I don't know what I'll be doing this weekend. Hubby and I will work that out later. But I will come on soon and check in with everyone. I hope that everyone is having a good week and having fun getting ready for the Holiday!! Well, I'll go for now. Hugs to you all....... Cecil

4 comments:

Sam said...

Cecil,

I also have a 20 pound cat! He is just huge! I was worried about him being around the baby since he's about 3 times the size of the baby, but he's been so gentle. What a relief! That cat is so special to us.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas full of food, family, and fun!

HUGS,
Sammy

Nancy said...

You make me hungry with the mention of all that good food!!! I wish you were here to help me wrap...I haven't even started yet!

I bet buying for little Emmy is the highlight of your shopping! Boy, won't she be excited!!! Holidays are more fun when there ia a little one around to share it with. Unfortunately, we have no little ones to share it with. My son tells me not to give up hope! I told him he'd better get married first! LOL

Wishing you the merriest of Christmases!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Rachel said...

Popping in to wish you a very Merry Christmas!!

Sister said...

Dear Cecil,

May you and B have a wonderful, blessed Christmas this year.

xoxo,

Sister