Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Happy Thanksgiving to You All.....

I wanted to come on and wish everyone a good day tomorrow. We will be gathering at Jason and Jessica's house. I am looking forward to it.... the food and the company. I am a little bit un-American in the fact that I am not a big turkey fan... but I will deal with it and eat a bite or two! I'd rather have chicken or pork chops but I don't usually cook anyway so I will deal with it! I hope you all have a big family day planned and have a wonderful holiday. We are very blessed because our boss let us leave at 1 pm and we will be off until Saturday. I am looking forward to being off, too! Not because I shop on Friday... I made that mistake one time and will not make it again!! A lot of my friends do, but not me... too many people for me!

I thought I'd leave you with a short message for Thanksgiving from me.. and share a bit of info with you!

1) What does Thanksgiving mean to you?
First and foremost, God and family. There is always time to complain but we need (at least!) one day for Thanksgiving!! To all my family and friends, I love you all and wish you the best of the holiday season and the coming year!

2) Have you every been away from home for Thanksgiving?
I have spent Thanksgiving with Mom and Dad every year until they died and then with other family members.. but never at my house.... too small and I don't cook turkey... see above! Would do it if necessary though..

3) What is your idea of Thanksgiving dinner if you got stranded in a cabin in the woods.. and had to use what you had on hand?
I would have fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, asparagus, and hot rolls... with butter.... I like butter,,,, not as much as Paula Deen but I like butter!!

4) Someone you are thankful for....
God, my Hubby and my family..... don't want to ever be without them close by! Especially at the holiday season. And I'm so grateful for all my friends... YOU are included!!

5) Do you have a fave memory of Thanksgiving?
Honestly, no. All of my early memories are wonderful... family, food and fun. What more could you want? Mama taught us to love each other and we knew she and Daddy loved us. We were the best bunch of fun around!! I wouldn't trade any of that for anything!

That is all I have for now. I hope you all have a wonderful day and that we all remember to tell someone we are thankful for them!! Hugs ...... Cecil

4 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Money can't buy the memories we made as a family, especially from all those happy Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. We are blessed.

Looking forward to Thursday with all the bunch and hoping that B. has a safe trip home to be with us.

Love you,

Joe

Rachel said...

Great stuff Cecil! I hope you all have a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving!!

Jess said...

Had a wonderdul time with you today! Love, You

Jess

Anonymous said...

what a nice post , I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and even got a bite of something you like LOL , I am sure with all that good food there was something yummy! ;-)
I didnt realize you were posting again or as much , I checked , I must have missed a few ,Hhhhhmmm, I must go and back track and put my prints all over your Blog ,;-)
HUGS take care and hope your hubby got home safely and on time for the Holidays , bad weather driving is a pain !
HUGS
Take care
greeneyes