Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day......

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well. I have had a very busy week so I haven't had much time to come on and visit. I worked all week and then had a party to go to on Saturday.. I'm sure you heard about it on Diane's blog and on Jessica's blog, too... I'm referring, of course, to Princess Emmy's 2nd birthday party! I can't believe she is 2 already... time ... it does go by so fast. We had a good time and I'm pretty sure Munch (aka Emmy) was also very happy about her day. You can view pics on Diane and Jess's blogs.

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I have to be honest and tell you that it was very hard on me this year.. as it is on others who have lost their moms already. My Hubby's Mom has been gone for 2 years now... she died almost 2 years to the day that my Mom died. It is difficult for him and me both because we loved them both... I know a lot of people don't feel that way about their mother-in-laws.. but we did.

What I miss the most:
1) Being able to talk to my Mom.. I still try to call her every now and then... until I realize my cell service doesn't reach that far.... ;-)
2) Not knowing certain things about our family that she could answer
3) Taking her out..... anywhere
4) Seeing her sit across the auditorium at church
5) Seeing her laugh.. and making me laugh
6) Everything..... I miss everything....

I wish, most of all, that she (and Dad) could have known Munchkin.... they would have loved her and Seth (our nephew and his wife's little boy) so much.

We had our Sunday night singing at church last night and it was so very good! I did ok for a bit... but finally cried... I'd been sad all day and held out as long as I could! But it was ok.... I miss Mom so much and Jess sang and it was so good! And I wish Mom could see her now, too. She'd be proud...... This was a friend of mine's 1st Mother's Day without her Mom . We cried together.... Sadness shared and wonderful memories of 2 unforgettable women who made us what we are... See you soon, Mama!

I hope you all got a chance to tell your mom that you love her.... And that it was a memorable day for you....

I guess I'll go for now..... Got to do a few things and get ready for bed... Hope you all have a good week... be back soon. Hugs to all..... CECIL

3 comments:

Sam said...

Hi Cecil,

Sounds like it was a melancholy day for you. I am blessed to still have my mother here, but my father passed away almost 7 years ago and I miss him terribly. We were very close.

I know how hard these days can be. Mother's Day, anniversary's, birthdays... they're all hard when you miss someone.

Thinking of you and hoping you're well.

Sammy

zztop357 said...

I miss both of them everyday.There's not a day that goes by I don't miss them.
I hope you're feeling better now. I'll be thinking of you.
Love you Sister. Donna

Jess said...

Thanks for the compliments...and I know I sure do miss them too...

Love you and had a good afternoon with you today.

Jess