Monday, November 10, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside.. and Raining, Too....

Hello everyone. Thought I'd come on for a bit and just say "hi." I will be busy tomorrow... have to work and then need to do a little work around the house. My spare room is in need of a ... well, a new look... a new, improved, cleaned up look. In other words, it's trashed! I want to get it in line for the holidays so when I get home tomorrow night, I'm going to try to get started on that. And I'm slowly going thru my closet and getting rid of some things... Martha will get most of it and one of my friends at church can wear some of it.. and Jessica has already come shopping at Chez Cecil's. ;-) None of it is fun but it is all necessary.

Today, my meeting at work was cancelled so Sue and I went to the mall and did a little more Christmas shopping. I got stocking stuffers for Munchkin. I came home tonight and got everything I've bought so far into boxes and got names written on the bottoms and will wrap them later. I was so glad to get that done, at least. I went to Wally World today and got wrapping paper and tape and name labels. We used up almost everything we had last year. I also got some hot cocoa mix.. and got a bag of mini marshmallows to go with it... and some cinnamon apple herb tea that Diane introduced me to last year.. and then I got some hot spiced cider mix... I know it won't be as good as Diane's but I will have to put on my big girl underpants and deal with it!!! I may have to cheat early and invest in the ingredients for Diane to make some.. she left me a comment and said I'd thrown a craving on her!! Sorry, sis! I likes me some cider.... So, now I am prepared to come home on a cold night, fix some of my drink of choice and get ready to have a wrapping party... Oh, I also got some mini bags of movie theater popcorn and some kettle corn. I am prepared when the time comes!

Well, I need to get ready for bed. Hope this finds you all well. Please continue to pray for Jessica and Jason... see Jessica's blog in my blog roll for info.. Hope you have all had a good weekend... I did. Hugs to all.... CECIL

5 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hmm....you know how much I love wrapping gifts...maybe you can come get some sometime and I'll help you wrap presents. And perhaps I could make us some hot spiced cider...maybe? Hee hee! ;o)

Hope you have a good rest of your week, Sis.

Love you,

Joe

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Uh, that would be, come get ME sometime. Doh!

Lucy Stern said...

Hot spiced cider sounds wonderful right now......I am ready for some cold weather. We still haven't had what I call cold down here in Houston yet....

I have been praying for Jason, Jessica and Miss Emily, believe me they need it right now...

Sam said...

Those hot drinks all sound delicious. There's nothing like a hot drink on a cold night. Especially hot chocolate with marshmallows. YUM!!

I'm certainly keeping Jessica and Jason in my prayers. I feel just terrible about this latest news.

I hope you're doing well, Cecil. Have a wonderful week.

Hugs,
Sammy

Jess said...

LOVE YOU!!!
See you Sunday maybe...
Have a good end of the week