Thursday, April 5, 2007

Home In Blogville...For a Short Visit....

Hello Everyone! I know I haven't been on in a bit and I wanted to come on and say "hello" and see how everyone is doing. I hope you are all well. Please forgive me for not coming on any sooner and for not answering each of you individually tonight. There is so much going on right now and I am truly exhausted.. as is my sweet husband.

My mother-in-law is in the hospital... once again... She went in a week ago today. She is not eating and she had lots of fluid in her chest and abdomen. They did some procedures Monday. A biopsy and paracentesis.. fluid removal. She was so exhausted when she got back to her room and I knew then that she was in trouble. I left the hospital pm and was uneasy. Brian (hubby) went in after work and stayed with her for a while. We went to bed and hubby accidentally turned off his phone. His uncle knocked on our door at 3 AM and told us to go to the hospital NOW. We got to the hospital and his Dad said she stopped breathing.. they put her on a ventilator and moved her to ICU. Her blood pressure kept dropping and finally settled down. (That is where she has been ever since.) We left there around 10 and came home to rest. Brian slept for about an hour or two... I slept 20 minutes... We got up and took a shower and got ready to go back to the hospital and get something good to eat..We visited until time was up...she was feeling better and more alert than she's been in days. So, we decided to head home for rest.

We left the hospital and started home and almost wound up in the middle of a tornado! It was pretty scary for a bit.. I called Diane and told her to start praying.. that it was getting pretty rough.. we actually saw the funnel cloud... I was pretty worried for a bit but Brian got us home and we got some lightning and thunder and a heavy rain but all was well! Thank you, Lord!! We did see a truck trailer turn over and some power lines snap and blow out fire... I was so grateful to get home. Lots of excitement and storms for us this week... in more ways than one.. Needless to say, we are exhausted.

I will end by asking you to continue to pray for Brian's Mom. She has cancer and it is very bad. They started chemo yesterday. If God chooses to heal, that is wonderful, if not, we are praying that she will be comfortable and have some quality time with her family... And peace...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments, your prayers and your time that you spend at Cecil's Place. It means a lot to me. You have become dear friends ... family.. And I appreciate you all.... Please know that your comments mean so much and I will try to answer you all as I can... Hugs to you all.. Blessings to each of you...

I have Jessica and Jason's baby shower Saturday! Exciting!!! Food, fun, friends, cake, punch...sounds like a party to me!! I need a party!! Hope you all have a good weekend... See you all soon... CECIL

4 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Glad you found time to post tonight, Sis.

I'm working on a new post myself, should have it done in an hour or so.

I'm praying the same for B's Mom. May God's will be done, and give B my love, Sister.

I'm looking forward to the shower, too.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Granny said...

Praying for grace and peace for all of you and that your mother-in-law be as comfortable as possible.

Sister said...

May the love and peace of God sustain you during this stressful time.
Wishing you a Blessed Easter...

Tammy said...

Sounds like you've been through the wringer!
I hope everything settles for you and your family soon!
Try to relax and have fun at the baby shower!